Search for News


---------------------------------------


---------------------------------------


Receive our latest Notice Board Page posts delivered daily to your Email inbox ▼


---------------------------------------

News Archive

We want to hear about your village news and events

The best way to tell us is through the contact form here

Sunday 15 November 2020

Appeal for George


George Bearman.

Help build a wet room for George

Many of you who are reading this will know me. For those who do not, I have been a resident of Upchurch for over forty years. John and I live in Bradshaw Close and we have two children, Katie and Michael, who are now grown up and have long fled the nest! Both Katie and Michael went to Holywell School.

Although a long time supporter of those in need, this is the first time that I have done something like this and launched an appeal on Upchurch Matters. An issue has arisen which is giving me a lot of heartache. My W.I. ladies will remember my niece, Nicola, who gave an amusing talk a little while ago about her role as a criminal barrister. Nicola’s sister, Helen, has now brought to the attention of the family the plight of her elderly neighbour, George. George and Helen both live in East Sussex. May I say at the outset that it is appreciated and recognised that no-one in Upchurch knows George.

George needs help. He has recently been diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease. To make his life that bit easier as he adapts to needing a wheelchair, his local community are raising money to help build a wet room for him so that he can remain in the family home. This will cost the family £5,000. So far, with the help of local contributors £3,345 has been raised. We desperately need, however, to fund the shortfall.

I am all too well aware, especially in this time of Covid 19, that many, many people have gone above and beyond to help those in need. Just recently we have also had Children in Need on the TV. However George, too, needs help. If you can find it in your hearts to help him by donating whatever you can through the attached link, I and my family would be very grateful.

Please donate at the GoFundMe link >> https://gf.me/u/y5rjn9

Thank you so much.

Barbara Gurtenne

Orange-Losenge-Notice-Board

Notice Board

Notice Board

The Village Post EXTRA
+ Click here to join our new local newsgroup

Please-Support-Our-Advertisers-Orange-Losenge

Click the Adverts

Support-BG
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR LOCAL ADVERTISERS BY TRYING
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR LOCAL ADVERTISERS BY TRYING

Classified Advertisements

Classified Advertisements