Search for News


---------------------------------------


---------------------------------------


Receive our latest Notice Board Page posts delivered daily to your Email inbox ▼


---------------------------------------

News Archive

We want to hear about your village news and events

The best way to tell us is through the contact form here

Monday 11 December 2017

Thank You from My Shining Star Children's Cancer Charity









On behalf of My Shining Star Children's Cancer Charity, I would just like to thank my fellow Upchurch neighbours. As you know, we held our Christmas Wonderland event in Upchurch last weekend to raise funds for families struggling financially whilst their children have cancer. The roads were congested, though we tried our very best to ease this.

The two days were so wonderful despite the weather, we had families attend that lost children to cancer, children that are currently extremely ill and a lovely little girl in remission.

The support shown to us as a new charity has been overwhelming, people were very generous and kind and I cannot fault my neighbours for the hard work they put in on the lead up to the day and on the day itself. Pete and Jan Boakes will absolutely hate being recognised, but they have been extremely charitable and accommodating, sharing their land and beautiful barn for months. Nothing has been too much trouble. Likewise with my other lovely neighbour Vanessa Chambers. So many children went away extremely happy! I also need to thank our two Santa's, Tom Appleton and Steve Laming - both local residents, who were just brilliant! Thanks also to Peter Freeman for the car parking and to everyone else who helped out over the weekend.

I've lived here now since February of this year, and as a founder of My Shining Star, I could not have been made more welcome or more supported. What a wonderful community spirit.

We are truly grateful

Thank you

Anita Marinelli
Founder - My Shining Star Children's Cancer Charity
Space

Orange-Losenge-Notice-Board

Notice Board

Notice Board

The Village Post EXTRA
+ Click here to join our new local newsgroup

Please-Support-Our-Advertisers-Orange-Losenge

Click the Adverts

Support-BG
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR LOCAL ADVERTISERS BY TRYING
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR LOCAL ADVERTISERS BY TRYING

Classified Advertisements

Classified Advertisements