Search for News


---------------------------------------


---------------------------------------


Receive our latest Notice Board Page posts delivered daily to your Email inbox ▼


---------------------------------------

News Archive

We want to hear about your village news and events

The best way to tell us is through the contact form here

Saturday 1 June 2019

A thank you from ex-Borough Councillor Gerry Lewin


Alison, Gerry and Sarah Lewin.
I have had the pleasure to represent Hartlip & Upchurch originally and then Hartlip, Newington & Upchurch as a Swale Borough Councillor since 1991, when I stood for election for the first time in my life. I was then re-elected at every subsequent borough election until this year when my name did not appear on the May 2019 ballot paper, a decision I had made in 2017.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for the kindness and support that I have received in those 28 years. I am also happy to acknowledge that you all have offered me enormous amounts of advice at one time or another - most of which I was happy to listen too!

Thank you also to the many who have wished me a ‘happy retirement’, but you should know that I intend to continue to be active in the parish of Upchurch in which I live.

It goes without saying - but it needs to be said - that I owe a considerable debt of gratitude to my late wife Dianne and our daughters Alison and Sarah for their support which enabled me to spend a third of my life as an elected Councillor.

Gerry Lewin
Space

Orange-Losenge-Notice-Board

Notice Board

Notice Board

The Village Post EXTRA
+ Click here to join our new local newsgroup

Please-Support-Our-Advertisers-Orange-Losenge

Click the Adverts

Support-BG
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR LOCAL ADVERTISERS BY TRYING
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR LOCAL ADVERTISERS BY TRYING

Classified Advertisements

Classified Advertisements