Search for News


---------------------------------------


---------------------------------------


Receive our latest Notice Board Page posts delivered daily to your Email inbox ▼


---------------------------------------

News Archive

We want to hear about your village news and events

The best way to tell us is through the contact form here

Tuesday 14 May 2019

Karl Clifton is Walking Over 600 Miles to Raise Money for Cancer Research UK


Walking over 600 miles across Spain (unsupported) in May and June 2019
for Cancer Research UK because of losing loved ones to Cancer.
Almost everyone I know, in one way or another has been touched by cancer. For my family, we lost a member of our family in 2014, followed by Gill, my wife’s sister. Her hard fought battle lasted over two years, which she finally lost in November 2017 aged only 54.

Starting on Thursday 23rd May 2019, I am walking solo (not in a group, no guide, no vehicle to transport rucksack) across the whole of Northern Spain.

From Irún on the French/Spanish border, along the Camino del Notre, crossing a mountain range near Oviedo, where I will continue on the Camino Primitivo to the destination of an old pilgrimage some 550 miles later at Santiago de Compostela.

If time and knees allow, I will continue a further 55 miles to Cape Finisterre (the believed most westerly point in the known world prior to Columbus).

I am giving myself 5 weeks to complete the walk. Plan being, walk 100 miles in 5 days, rest 1 day and then start again. To finish the 600+ miles towards the end of June.

As I said at the start, most people have been touched by this awful illness in one way or another. ALL money raised will be given to Cancer Research UK, I am paying all the expenses incurred during the event myself.

Please give whatever you wish to try and combat this terrible disease at: www.justgiving.com/fundraising/karl-clifton

Or if you prefer, you can donate in person using my sponsor form on the bar at The Three Tuns, Lower Halstow. The pub is collecting your donations on my behalf.

Thank you

Karl Clifton
Space

Orange-Losenge-Notice-Board

Notice Board

Notice Board

The Village Post EXTRA
+ Click here to join our new local newsgroup

Please-Support-Our-Advertisers-Orange-Losenge

Click the Adverts

Support-BG
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR LOCAL ADVERTISERS BY TRYING
PLEASE SUPPORT OUR LOCAL ADVERTISERS BY TRYING

Classified Advertisements

Classified Advertisements